Tuesday, January 24, 2012

January 24- Eye appointment, skiing, and iced cocoa recipe :-)

Today was a busy, though not terribly productive school-wise, day for me. I had an appointment at the eye doctor's at 9 this morning. Just a check-up since it's been a LONG time since I last had my eyes examined, and I was told that my eyesight is perfect! Good! :-) Dad had an eye check-up too and Mackenzie's new glasses lenses were in so she came with us. We ran a couple of errands, to Wal-Mart and Home Depot, on the way home and checked to make sure my grandmother's walkway was cleared.
This afternoon I decided go go skiing. The temperature was above freezing so it was slushy out, so I only skiied for about half an hour before coming back inside. When I came inside I decided to try a recipe that I saw on the back of the SwissMiss Hot Cocoa container.
   1 cup crushed ice
   2 tbsp (or 1 pkg) hot cocoa mix
   2/3 cup milk
Blend milk and hot cocoa mix in blender/food processer until foamy. Pour on top of ice.
My experience: I took ice cubes and put them through the food processer. I should have crushed them more (since I'm not someone who particularly cares for chewing ice cubes-unlike some of my siblings!). Next time I'll crush them until it's more of a slush. I found that 1 envelope of hot cocoa mix with the 2/3 cup milk made enough for both Mallory and me, but I did have to crush another cup of ice for hers. Anyway, I really liked it. That's what I'm going to start drinking when I come in from skiing and/or sledding and am too hot for cocoa.
Tonight Max and I are going to Youth Bible Study. We have it twice a month on Tuesday evenings. Our youth group is small, about 5-10 people on average right now, but it's nice to be able to get to know each person better than you would if there were 30 people. I'm going to be leaving for that in about 40 minutes, so I need to go and get ready before supper! Sometime this week my next review book should be coming in the mail, so pretty soon I will have another review to post.
 Thanks for reading!
     Moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment